Friday, October 30, 2009

Davinci revisited

Today I'm entering in the Lodi Community Art Center Small Works Invitational Show which will run from Nov. 4th to Dec. 29th. Small works is defined in this case as no 2 dimensional works to exceed 80 Sq inches - 8 x 10 or 6 x 12. No limit to size of frame or mat. They will be entered in the mixed media category, as they combine painting and collage. All works must be for sale, and if sold, the gallery takes a 30% commission. Pricing is always a sticky spot for artists. How do you set a value on your work? My thinking is - how much will I miss having this? That's what it's worth to me? But, what might it be worth to someone else? Someone with cash? LOL From the shows I've been in this year, it appears that the art market, as the rest of the economy, is not healthy. Very few sales at the shows, and most in the lower end of prices.

No comments: