Monday, October 5, 2009

My birthday





What better way to celebrate a birthday than going to the beach for a few days. Rosemary and I car pooled, and we went first to Split Pea Anderson's for brunch. Then on across Pacheco Pass to Morgan Hill where I had a short but very nice visit with my brother, his wife, and mother in law while Rosemary visited friends nearby. Then on to the beach house where we met up with Sally and Nancy. On Saturday my friend and fellow artist Virginia came by for a visit, and she brought me a darling "quilty" with little birds she painted on it by hand. I was so surprised, and of course delighted. We mostly hung around the house for the couple days, but we managed to get in some art gallery browsing, and to the Santa Cruz wharf for my birthday dinner of Charbroiled Salmon. Yummmmm..... I had an immediate attraction to the driver of the car next to us - I think it was the dark hair. Do you think maybe I'm hanging around at the dog park too much? LOL Later, back at the house my friends treated me with a very rich dark chocolate cake from Gayles bakery in Capitola and wonderful presents. One of the pictures here is the quiltie made by Virginia, with one made by Rosemary. What wonderful additions to my collection. I wont' list all the other goodies I got - you'll be so jealous! LOL Our final hurrah was brunch at Zelda's at Capitola beach. Sitting out in the sunshine with the seagulls to end the trip. I have a really good life and am grateful every day.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Janene, I've always been attracted to the tall, dark and handsome kind of guy too.
Sally