Monday, November 28, 2011

End of November





Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. I had a quiet one, but it was a fun one. With work schedules to contend with it was hard to plan anything, so at the last minute I threw together a nice dinner for my son and his two sons. My DIL and granddaughter off to celebrate with her folks, we were a small party of four left here. We had lots of good conversation and I think they enjoyed sitting down to a nice dinner instead of foraging in the freezer for something to heat up. We could have eaten at a local buffet, which we did the first Thanksgiving when we moved into this house on that day. But, I wanted the smell of cooking, and the warmth of the home.

Day after Thanksgiving I went off to Oakdale to meet some friends for a day of shopping small businesses. I Love Paris was the first shop. Then on to Empty Nest. We did a bit of walking before we could find a restaurant open to eat lunch. I didn't know so many would be closed the day after the holiday. I bought a picture in Empty Nest which is now hanging over my bed. Here's a pic of the gals in front of a cute little shop and a pic of my bed with the new picture above it.

No comments: