Friday, November 18, 2011

Grey day



It's chilly and grey today, looks like rain any minute, but holding off so far. My brother sent me the link to the home movies he's had converted and is uploading to his site. One of them is from our childhood in Silver City, Nevada. Very cute. Mother took some of them, and Dad the rest. There were pics of us playing with the bunnies, and baby ducklings. Also pics of the rooster and chickens. And some of our friends. This was preWW2. Another portion is a trip we took to Lake Tahoe. One section I liked was the one where we were out of the car at a rest /water stop. Mother was in a western style shirt and skirt and hat. She waved her hat at the camera and it made me feel so good to have a little nostalgic moment. Then I put on a sombrero with little balls hanging from it, do you remember them? And in one spot Bob was goofing off and got between me and the camera (he used to tease me a lot! LOL) I freeze framed them and took pics with my camera. Here we are in 1941. You will notice this is color film.

We used to have lots of home movies, and a number of the original Walt Disney movies. I remember once we had a movie night in the back yard with the cartoons (silent) and neighbor kids (picture us giggling). In a little mining town in those days, that was a big entertainment. Pre TV, closest real movie theater in Carson City. Two room school house. Very small town in those days. It still is. Over the years we lost track of the old movies. Such a shame. I'm glad Bob still had this one to share.

This all reminds me why we always carry cameras in our family. Thank goodness for digital. The only thing that kept me from taking zillions of photos in my lifetime was the cost of developing them. My kids and grandkids are relying on their cell phones for photos now. Technology! I can't keep up.

No comments: