Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gone, gone, gone.



My little Buddy is gone. I'm sure going to miss him. My grandchildren don't remember life before Buddy. Of course we've all had a lot of other dogs since he came. Lady went first, then my precious Suzie, Bud's best friend. The kids have 4 dogs, and now I just have Nikki and Lulu. Someone asked if I would get another. No. Two are plenty to handle, especially walking. And especially since one is a lunatic! That of course would be Lulu. The talking Terrier. When she is really upset at something happening on the street below our front window which she sees from the back of the chair - she mouths all kinds of sounds and runs over to tell me all about it. She really looks like she is talking, but is comes out like rowl, rah, rowwer, rahh, etc.. She isnt' happy until I go look out and window to see where her nose is pointing, and assure her that we are safe and sound in our little nest. The pic shows my little pack when there were three.

My thanks to all of you who have dropped me notes about Buddy. We all know going into pet ownership, that it's almost a given we will outlive them and have to deal with their loss. But they give us so much love and companionship, and fun - we still do it. This is the last photo I took of Bud. He almost made it to 19, just shy of two months. Buddy, the perfect little gentleman will be missed for a long time. Nikki is looking for him. Lulu only misses the fun she had telling me when he was waking up or needed a walk. At dinner time, I was curious whether she would look for three dishes to pick up and bring me. She brought me two and didn't look for the third.

It will seem strange not staying half awake all night to see if Buddy needs anything. The picture I have in my mind is that Buddy is now with Suzie and they are having a sniff and pee competition again like the old days, only without leashes, what fun! Then they'll have some bacon bits and snuggle up on my dad's lap with Shuni, Schnitzle, Lady1, Lady 2 and Holly. He'll make room for them all.

2 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

oh Janene, I'm tearing up for you. I love how you are thinking of them with your dad. sniff and pee competition made me smile.

Rachel

Kelley said...

19 years such a gift he gave you.