Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tri-county tripping

Where is it? I don't know, maybe I left it at the beach house. Oh no. I think it's in the Sierras. Where did I leave it? This is the way I live. No wonder my car is always packed and often looks like a mobile bag lady lives there. Fortunately the place in the country has Y-fi so I can use my emails and blog from there. Sometimes I can do the same on the coast, but not always. And for art supplies. The studio at the beach is shared so I never know if it has turned into a store room, or a project area. The studio in the Sierras has it's own problems. I left a lot of paints there (craft paints mostly). I see that the labels say - do not freeze. Well friends, everything there froze all winter. It was a really cold, snowy winter. It's wonderful now, but let me tell you - it was COLD. Brrrr...... So, I have to restock my supplies there and install some little drawer pieces to hold things close at hand. I expect to spend much more time there during the summer, than at the beach. It gets foggy on the coast after a few really hot days inland in the summers. It's good to be able to cool off there, but I love being warm and dipping in the pool when it's too hot - so the Sierras is near-perfect then. I have to take an inventory of my supplies here to see what I can take to leave up there. I was keeping a case packed with my fav. art things and carting it back and forth, to and fro. This got old pretty fast. Clothes are not problem. I have a dresser and closet on the coast, so I can show up there with nothing in the car and live comfortably for a week before I need to do laundry. Same in the country. Both places I have favorite grocery stores. I don't know how long I will be able to maintain all this activity, but I'm enjoying it while I can. Keeps me young? I don't know. Don't look too closely at my pics. Wrinkles happen.

No comments: