Monday, June 2, 2008

My little Suzie is gone.


My heart is broken. I'm a wreck and can't stop crying. Suzie meant so much to me. After a few days of throwing up everything, and getting skinnier and skinnier, I decided I was keeping her alive for me, and that except for the odd moments of joy in her life, the rest of it was getting pretty rough on her. It was the humane thing to do, the right thing. I hope she finds her old pal Lady in doggie heaven. Or maybe she'll find my old friend Frank and curl up in his lap, like old times. We have been saying goodbye all day. And as a very last little bit of love, I let her have a chocolate chip. What the heck! She's been begging for chocolate for years and I never let her have it before. She seemed kind of puzzled that I didn't' grab it away from her, but then she licked it and took it into her mouth. She didn't seem as impressed as I hoped she would be, but then food held no interest to her any more.

Please say a little prayer for Suzie 2 Sweet. That's her online name. She actually had her own email address. Now for a big box of tissues. The photo is of Suzie in front, then Buddy, and at the back is Lady. Only Buddy lives on, and he's the oldest.

I just heard that one of my art pal Jackie's dogs is suddenly and dramatically having a vet emergency situation, so please say a little prayer for Tootsie too.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am so sorry, these little darlings give so much love but just don't live long enough.