Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quiet Sunday

Except for trips to grocery store, car was and friend Marilyn's house, I did nothing today, and I really mean nothing. Suzie is throwing up everything she eats. It doesn't matter what it is. I get all encouraged that she actually eats, and then up it comes again. Poor little girl. She's sleeping on my lap now - which is where she always wants to be. Buddy is sleeping on the footstool next to my feet. He's so patient and kind to her.

Marilyn gave me some fresh apricots off her tree, and fresh blackberries, full and juicy. Yumm. She manages to maintain a wonderful garden, a home, a job, plus all of life's other obligations. And she finds a little time for making art. Amazing.

My art pal Jackie and I have had several discussions today through emails about the directions our art is taking us, and whether it is really the direction we want to go. Marilyn is having the same kind of issues in her life. I keep saying I'm a painter, and then I go and do a bunch of other things, when I really could be painting and getting better and better (so it says in the books). So, why do I get so distracted when I see someone else do something and think I have to try it too? I want to paint! I need to paint. I will paint! I so resolve!

No comments: