Sunday, July 20, 2008

La Selva Art show

Buddy and I had several wonderful days on the coast. The first couple days were beautiful weather. One day was perfect. Buddy and I went to Rio Del Mar beach and walked along the water's edge. It was sunny and warm, and no wind at all. Buddy had never been to the beach before, so this was new to him. So many different smells, he darn near wore out his little nose.

The day of the art show was cold and foggy - all day long. We all expected it to clear up by 11 or 12, but it never happened. But, it was fun none the less. Lots of people came to the show. Maybe more than the last one, at least it seemed that way to me. I had a very successful show. It was better than I expected. The slide mailers were my biggest sellers.

I saw lots of friends there, and made some new ones too. I also had the fun of fanning the flames of inspiration for a few artists who might now be working on their altered books. Hi to Susan, Cyndi, Anne, Jane, Catherine, Virginia, Melanie, and everyone who stopped by to say hello.

The book on Food Poisoning with quotes from William Shakespeare went over well with the few I chose to show it to. It evoked smiles and laughs and was a fun thing to share.

Now, it's good to be home and start cleaning the studio once again!

No comments: