Friday, July 11, 2008

Old friends

I was delighted to open one of my email boxes today and found a couple really nice surprises. First a message from Barbara W. A dear, close friend from high school days. We have not been in touch since she got married. We have many shared memories, it will be fun getting to know each other again and find out what her life has been like.

Then, in my spam folder in the same mail box, I spotted something I normally would not open - but I took a chance, and low and behold! It was from two gals who were best friends from Jr. High and High school days. Gladys O and Pat R. You could knock me over with a feather. This is just too good to be true.

With the smoke hanging heavy in the air, the whole world has taken on a different hue and it feels like the end of the earth. I'm not trying to be dramatic, it's just that's how it seems. And then these two chance encounters coming the same day - how strange life is.

I can't wait to hear from them again, and hope maybe we can meet again some day.

No comments: