Saturday, July 26, 2008

Salida and back again

Wed. I had to be in Salida (dont' ask why!). To make the trip into a fun one, Sally picked me up and we drove to Nancy's palace where Rosemary met us. Nancy drove us to Salida with help from my GPS "Faith". After my appt. we went on to Modesto to a fabulous lunch at the Bakery. This was followed by walking around the shopping center and popping in and out of interesting shops. I found some wonderful papers at the art supply shop (well, to tell the truth, Sally found them). And Nancy wanted to go to the health food store for odd things. I spent time there reading labels and enjoying their air conditioning. What else would art girls do on a day out? Big Lots, Michael's and Beverly's. Of course. More art supplies! When we got back to Nancy's she fed us some of her weird soup/stew. Gosh, it may have sounded weird, but it was delicious, filling and nutritious all in one. I'm going to make some too. Then Sally dropped me off at home after our 45 minte ride home. Ride sharing is part of our life styles now.

No comments: