Sunday, July 20, 2008

Where am I now? Lost in San Jose.

I spent an hour in San Jose, lost! Hopelessly lost. And without my GPS. Jim's car wouldn't start today so he asked me to take his baseball game tickets to a friend. He gave me a map, but it was a closeup, so I was confused. I thought 880 went off of Hwy 101, so I came that way and when I got to the 680, 280 turnoff, I realized he must have wanted me to come up Hwy 17. So I tried to find it from the North, and got cut off from making the right turn by some maniac! I got off at the next exit and tried to find a way to circle back and get on track again. Finally, I just gave up across the street from the new City Hall, and went to a gas station to call them. They had to come find me!

Then they told me how to get back to the freeway, but when I tried it, the signs had me so confused I didn't know which way to go, or to go straight ahead - that took me another 20 minutes to get straight. At one point I accidentally turned into the street the SJ flea market is on and it was locked up tight. I U-turned and got out of there fast. Oh, why, oh why didn't I take Faith (my GPS) with me? I was so frustrated and filled with angst - I dont' ever want to do that again. I used to think of those things as adventures. But this was just a big bother!

No comments: