Saturday, July 26, 2008

Boys and more boys


I had the car brim full of boys yesterday as we went to the hills for some R & R. Trevor, Nathan, Brenden and Cameron piled in and off we went. Our first stop in Angel's Camp was at Burger King. Then on to the campground where we settled into the screen room and pulled out a bunch of old board games and other diversions. After playing for awhile, we changed and went to the pool. We only had to share with a little boy and his grownups. My big boys hung out at the deep end so their rowdiness (all in good fun) would not scare the little guy. Finally they wore each other out and decided to go to the teen center to play pool and ping pong. Cameron isn't a teen yet, so he and I sat on the deck and played a game on my laptop computer. He sure wanted to sneak into the teen room, but I made them stick to the rules. His time will come. The boys wanted to go to Subway for foot long sandwiches for dinner, so that was our last stop of the day. You should see them inhale those big sandwiches. And several 6 packs of soft drinks. Golly, I forgot about that!

It was so much fun for me to have the boys in tow. They are a lot of fun and it reminded me so much of the fun I had with my three boys when they were kids. Boys have so much energy and power. Maybe some will wear off on me.

In two weeks, Candis and a friend will go back with me for an overnight and girly things. In the meantime, my art friends and I will be there for several days. And hopefully my brother and sister-in-law can join us. I can't let summer slip away without cramming in all the country fun I can fit on the calendar.

No comments: