Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blue Ribbon


Honestly, I'm so backwards sometimes! I went to the opening reception for the art exhibit where my new painting is hung. It's in a big winery so the paintings (and there were lots of them) were all around in this huge building. I spotted Nancy's painting right away because I looked for the color blue. Gosh it looked so good - I had only seen a photo of it. In person it was lovely and dimensional. Then finally from way across a room, I spotted mine and turned to ask my friend Jean - what's that blue thing on my painting. Of course that made her laugh, because as she explained to me "That's a blue ribbon, you got first place!" So, my friends, I'm one elated lady! It's definitely a first for me in a painting division juried show. May be my last also, but for now, I'm just basking in the glory! Doesn't take much to make me happy, huh? By the way the reception was awesome. Wines and food and a dessert table - first class all the way. An awesome evening.

No comments: