Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cross obsession





I notice every year about this time, I gravitate towards using crosses in my artwork. Yesterday I was in a little shop in Arnold, up in the Sierras. There was this really wonderful old cabinet that I'd give my eyeteeth to have. I really don't have a good place for it, it's probably 10 feet tall, and I don't want to ask anyone to drag it home for me, so I took pictures instead. While trying to get a good angle, I noticed the cross piece and that fascinated me enough to shoot it several times, with the doors open and closed. The cross on the tree is one between San Andreas and Angel's Camp. I've seen it there for years, and thought I'd stop and take a picture. One of my goals this year is to photograph the sad shrines made for people who were killed on the various roads I travel. Here are pics from yesterdays trip.

No comments: