Tuesday, March 31, 2009

new things



Thought I'd better post a couple pics of new works while they are still sitting here. The file folder is one of the ones decorated that Rosemary is going to bind into a book for Julie, our gardening teacher. The Kitchen Chair Memories was done on a whim. I came across the old chair painting series I had done more than a decade ago. This is the cover, there is at least one painted chair on each spread inside. It was fun to find a use for them - and it made me reminisce about my family's dinette and what went on there. All important things in our family took place around the dinette table - whether it was planning a vacation, reviewing our report cards, homework, playing cards, paying bills, wrapping packages, putting together puzzles, opening the mail..... etc. Oh yes, and we ate there too. What was the heart of your home?

When I was a young girl, it was before television. We never sat around in the living room unless we had company. Both of my parent worked, so they were always busy getting ready for the next day. I read on the sofa in living room. I think I used that room more than the rest of the family.

I entered the little chair book cover in Art Fest at the Cloth Paper Studio group website and it won this week. So, next week I get the privilege of judging the week's entries. I've already peeked and there's some good stuff there.

1 comment:

Mixed Media Martyr said...

I love the kitchen chair!!! And what a brilliant theme for a journal! The fabrics add to the nostalgia!