Saturday, March 14, 2009

Found poetry


Each of these lines were picked out of a full page of text. Usually no more than three words from any one line. It's a great experiment with words. Pick up any book and try to find a "hidden" poem in it. These are from the book "Elected Friends: Robert Frost, Edward Thomas to One Another". Some of these words are those I selected, some were found by my friend Jackie.

Page 1. Elected Friends, to one another, met unknown, formed friendship with musical cadence and conversation to, for and about one another.
Page 2. To One Another. Again, I have altered what turns up. If rejected, I might really write some.
Page 3. Peace, imagine it. It will be so very brief.
Page 4. Seeing you and saying too little, I seem bitter.
Page 5. Old Man, In spite of time, I love the path. I am remembering others more sweet.
Page 6. I remember father, an old man bent, footsteps like a tortoise's. Polite. Happy, he turned to raking leaves. ( this is exactly my like father)
Page 7. The girl and her brother, slowly and surely olden.
Page 9. To dream. To do something we had desired.
Page 10. A traveler from dawn's twilight into the night. Often footsore, never weary.
Page 12. The footsteps of life, its Youth, love, age and pain; I am still breating and interested.

The tag shown here with words on it are from a word exercise devised by Jackie. another kind of found poetry.

No comments: