Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Altered Book completed.

This book is one I started awhile back when a woman with a famous boyfriend had been severely physically abused and she went back to him. It was on the news for days with people asking how she could forgive him and go back for more. It bothered me so much that I awoke at 2 in the morning with the poison bottle concept in my mind. I planned to take clear capsules and put poisonous words inside them, then put a cap on the bottle and put the message - do not remove stopper on it. I ended up typing the words and glueing them to Bayer Aspirin with Calcium for Women tablets. They are too big to swallow, so seemed appropriate. Later, I thought I should have a way to exhibit the bottle, and I had wanted to do a crime book at some time using the Miranda Rights as text. One of the artists at the Book show last October had done a simple book with stunning photos and only that for text. So, that was another inspiration for this piece. This book has only the one spread and niche. I think the one spread says it all. The red piece on the right page at the top, is from a McDonald's bag. You never know where you will find the right piece to set off your pages. I hope to exhibit this in the Fall. Let me know what you think of it.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Cool Spread! Love the use of the bottle and the message is CLEAR :)