Monday, July 6, 2009

New Altered Book completed



This book is a different type of Altered Book than I have done before. I have this beautiful book of ruins that my aunt gave me a long time ago. The photographs are stunning. But the paper the text is printed on is deteriorating and I'm allergic to it, so I cut out most of those pages and disposed of them. While I was cutting, I thought it would be fun to cut up the good pages and make them overlap each other in interesting ways. My only tools were a cutting mat, a box knife with plenty of sharp blade edges, a black pen and a few colored pencils. I'll be putting more photos in an album here: http://www.picturetrail.com/artsngardens . Here are a couple to whet your appetite.

2 comments:

Artsnark said...

very cool - love the cut out arches

peggy gatto said...

What a great idea. I think it will be a wow!