Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jackie's Philosophy


Jackie and I both have a fairly simple philosophy of life. Sort of don't sweat the things you can't do anything about, and count your blessings every day even on days when it's hard to see any blessings. And do whatever you can to help someone who needs help. We talked a lot about life and it's meaning, and I've been so blessed to call her a friend, a sister. I'll miss her honest, straight forward, down to earth, common sense approach to life. She kept me grounded when I was off on an art tangent. She's the one that said, slow down. Get some rest. We often talked of the aging process and how we didn't like it, but we both are into letting life take us where it wants us to go. No botox. No face lifts. Just let ourselves age as gracefully as possible. We talked a lot about health, and this year of course the facing of cancer. Jackie didn't really believe in doctors. But now she does, even though they could not stop the cancer. She sent this to me in May when she was still having chemo and getting ready for surgery. We always knew this was an uphill battle and some of our friends have shared her journey quietly in the wings. This is for you. I thought you might like to see this. It is sooooo Jackieesque.

No comments: