Thursday, July 28, 2011

Puzzles in the art blog.



I just posted some photos of a collaborative puzzle we are working on in the Lodi Mixed Media group. I would have emailed Jackie when I got home to tell her all about our day and the peopleLinkthere that she knows. She likes to hear these things. Jackie is such a home body, one of my friends said she could not imagine not busily going many places. But, you know, Jackie and her family created a safe haven, full of love. That's exactly where she wanted to be in the center of her world. Her world includes Barnes and Noble, Panera's, her fav Chinese Food Restaurant, I can't remember the name, Starbucks, University Arts, Amazon for books, a yarn shop, the library, etc. A good full life, sans travel.

Once I talked her into taking a workshop with Anne Baldwin in her studio. Roberta Schmidt had asked if some of us from Sac wanted to go, so Sally, Jackie and I went together. It was an awesome experience, and far out of Jackie's comfort zone. I'm quite sure she surprised herself with the collage she made and how comfortable Baldwin's class was. Anyway we were given some Golden acrylics, and most of us gravitated towards the more intense colors. Jackie was the only one who used quite a bit of Titan Buff, which, once I saw it - is now one of my favorites. I use it all the time instead of white. Every time I reach for it, I remember that workshop and what we did there. Sally worked mostly with green that day. Funny the little things one remembers.

Later, Sally and I went on to take another Baldwin workshop at Art and Soul in Asilomar. Jackie could not be persuaded to leave her comfortable nest and travel to the coast.

Here are a couple pics of her art.

No comments: