Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weather and such


Every day Jackie and I would compare weather. Usually it is breezier here. Often she gets more rain there. We are less than 75 miles apart distancewise and both in the valley, but these little differences affect our daily lives. We waited so long this year for summer to come, for the dreary rains (which we needed) to end so we could putter in our gardens. Well, puttering time is here. I can be outside, while Jackie is not able to get up at all now. But, I will think of her when I'm in my garden. As I always think of my parents, and Verna Mae. And Frank and Ray and Jodi.

Year before last, my granddaughter had a Halloween party in my garden and I painted some ghosts on discarded fence boards. This year we had to cover the little gaps in the fence where my dogs and the neighbor dog like to fight it out. My grandson Trevor nailed the (recycled once again) ghosts over the gaps in one section of the garden. I put up a raised planter in front of it and put in some flowering plants. It's becoming one of my fav parts of the garden. To make the friendly ghosts less scary I gave them each a painted flower. I have two more gaps to cover and will have to paint more ghosts! This is going to be my little memorial garden. I need to paint one for Verna Mae with a tomato on it. That was her specialty and also was Ray's. Hmmm.... My mother's has a purple flower . I should change it to her fav lilac colored rose. I associate my Dad with trees and garden tools. I think I'll lean the old pitch fork next to his ghost. Nathan helped me hang a couple strings of small Tibetan Prayer flags for Jackie.

No comments: