Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A day in May

Here are a few pics. First is a volunteer oak tree - when I pulled it out, the entire root came out with it. Very sturdy root system. Sometime when I pull them out I get the old acorn as well. The iris photos was taken today in Modesto at Bev's house. It's the most beautiful color I've seen. I did not tweak the color or lighting digitally. This is just they way it looks.

The next photo is a windsock made of a recycled tyvek mail envelope. I learned to make the cuts in a book "A Japanese Touch for the Seasons". After some experimenting, I adapted the cutting pattern for a recycled mailing envelope. Tyvek cuts easily, is super strong and lightweight, and takes to paints. Nancy used Lumiere paints on this one. These are so much fun I had to teach my art pals to make them.

No comments: