Saturday, May 15, 2010

Life is not all roses and puppies.



My family and I are in mourning for the loss of my oldest grandson. He would have been 30 this year.

TOO SHORT

Wasn’t it only yesterday

when You followed me around

chattering a mile a minute.

My first grandchild. My Michael.

So full of little boy energy and curiosity.

So sweet, with those big wide eyes, and blond hair.

Then there was the bitter divorce

followed by years of fighting to be able to see you

and finally, in your teen years

you divorced yourself from us.

The years went by - nothing was ever resolved.


Why didn’t we fight harder?

Why didn’t we try harder?

I’m sorry Michael.

Now it’s too late.

Your life was too short.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"The heart breaks and breaks
and breaks by living."

Love, Jackie

Laura Kay said...

Oh my. My heart aches just reading this!!!! I have to take some time & catch my breath. So -wow- what you must be going thru!!

Pat said...

Dearest Janene,
I am so saddened by your news. I wish I knew what to say or do. As a grandmother of 19, my heart bleeds for you and Michael's parents. Always wondering if we could have done more, be comforted by knowing he was blessed to have been loved by you.
The poem is beautiful and says it best.
All my love and concern, Pat xoxo