Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time Warriors


It's done. I didn't like the color of the figure on the right, or that the numbers showed over and through her. so, I painted her out in white gesso, then glazed over her again with the red acrylic glaze. I like her better this way. I didn't want the clock to be such a prominent image. This way it moves it back more. Then I also cleaned up some smudges and things I didn't like with the white gesso and worked the colored pencils over it and then the clear medium. Another change was to add the skeleton hands for the clock. You know how I love to use skeleton parts. I thought a simple title like Time Warriors would tell the story and leave enough to the imagination of the viewers. I cut the painting shorter to fit an empty frame. So, that's that. I wonder how I'll amuse myself tomorrow when it's even hotter.

No comments: