Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tweaking and playing around with new painting


The new painting is slowly changing and developing. Here is the way it looks this morning. i cut out a column from a book of Ruins and wanted it to appear as the figure on the right is emerging from the column. i was going to use the column, but instead decided to paint it. I should not say paint because it is watercolor pencil with clear acrylic medium over it. And charcoal. I tried to match the colors to the corrugated columns on the left - but now I'm not sure I like the match. I might change all three of them colorwise. I drew the little owl from a photo in the bird book and the clock stencil is going to be developed around the owl with colored pencils. I'll show this one as I go along. A few of you have mentioned you enjoy watching the progress. So far, I actually liked it better before I made all these changes. But, you never know. Sometimes something magic happens as you work on and on. Not always! That's for sure. But when it does, it's been worth every little paint stroke, and every little tweak.

No comments: