Sunday, June 3, 2007

Foggy days and yard sales



Ever been fogged in and shivering cold? Well, you're not alone. This coastal weather in June and July can be miserable. I left the inner valley with temperatures in 80s to go to coast where the warmest it got was low 60's. What a time to put on a family yard sale. Actually the whole town had a yard sale, that was the reason we did one too. If I ever say the words "let's have a yard sale" - well, please have me committed to an asylum immediately before I do myself any more harm. It was not fun. But it accomplished a lot, and my cousin and his wife needed the help - so waving my arm and saying I'll be right there - off I went. We had a good time together and enjoyed each other's company. For years we have only said hello in passing, with changing shifts caring for my aunt. Now, we are having time for conversations and meals. My aunt would be so pleased, and that makes all of us even happier. The garage is empty. A big load is lifted from their shoulders, and I'm glad I could help. I even got to see my brother and sister in law, just back from China.

I haven't had any time for art. I intend to make up for it this week.

No comments: