Thursday, June 14, 2007

La Selva Altered Books talk

I'm just back from the coast where I met some really fun and interesting people who came to hear about altered books. It was a lot of fun. They are a lively and creative group; they had good questions and lots of good conversation going on. I hope some of them will be inspired to start altered books of their own.

If you are interested in my comments on altered books, I suggest you go to the subjects index called LABELS on my blog home page, and click on Altered books. It will bring up only the altered book pages, and you won't be bothered with scrolling through the other posts, which probably won't interest you. But, of course, this is a public site and you are welcoome to read anything that's interesting to you.

I'll be posting some information about sources, a short bibliography, and other "stuff" that might help you get started on an altered book. But, first I'm going to take a day off and do laundry and all that pesty stuff.

By the way, your weather was spectacular, I've never seen it so nice before, for several days at a time. It is nearly 100 degrees outside, it feels like an oven. You are so lucky to be where you are. I had breakfast this morning at Zeldas, outside on the patio. Heavenly! I hope to see you all again. Don't forget the La Selva Art Show on the 21st of July. It is one day only. I always see Marcia there. Janene

No comments: